I love you S

I love you S

Friday, April 29, 2011

For the love of my child

Right now Sindebele is going through treatment for cancer.  It's been a difficult time, mostly for me.  After all, luckily she's a dog and she doesn't know she's sick!

I really have to say that Portland is an incredible dog town.  There are some amazing, brilliant vets here.  Her primary care vet is Dr. Barnes over at North Portland Veterinary Clinic.  It is a wonderful clinic and Dr. Barnes is phenomenal.  She has been incredibly loving and patient and even now that Sindebele is being treated elsewhere, she still gets updates on how Sindebele is doing and calls me every once in awhile to check in.  If you need a good vet, I'd highly recommend her.  The website is: http://www.northportlandvet.com/

Sindebele's oncologist is the brilliant Dr. Freeman over at the Veterinary Cancer Referral Center.  They are located in the Dove Lewis building.  Sindebele visits Dr. Freeman every month and jumps all over her and her staff.  They always remark that she's so happy to see them.  There aren't many in town but Portland has at least 2 dedicated pet oncologists in town.  I would highly recommend Dr. Freeman if you're ever in this position.  The website is: http://www.pdxcancervet.com/

Finally, Sindebele is now going to a holistic vet so that we can approach this challenge from all angles.  She is currently seeing Dr. Judkins at Hawthorne Veterinary Clinic.  Yesterday she received doggy acupuncture in the hopes that it will make her feel better and increase her appetite.  I was totally intrigued.  I mean only in Portland can you get doggy acupuncture:)  And on top of that, she's the first in the family to try acupuncture!  She goes in for some more treatments next week.  Wish us luck!  And if you're interested in holistic veterinary medicine, these are folks to check out.  The website is: http://hawthornevet.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment